- What they say to kids who want pets: Are you sure you're not just saying you want one because all your friends have one? Remember, it's not going to be small and cute forever, it will grow up eventually! It's a living being that will depend entirely on you for the rest of its life. Are you really sure you're ready for this?
- What they say to adults who DON'T want kids: Oh, you'll want one sooner or later. Everybody does, after all. Besides, babies are soooo cute, aren't they? You'd better hurry up before you get too old!
One of the things I hate is that if you aren’t bipolar, OCD, autistic, ect, it’s considered perfectly acceptable to be all “ha ha I look autistic” “feeling a little bipolar today”, but if you actually do have a mental disorder, then god forbid you talk about it, you attention-seeking over-dramatizing romanticizing monster.
this is the realest thing I’ve ever read
i can’t wait until i can afford my taste in clothes
When they make a black widow movie, the trailer needs to be all mysterious and the song playing needs to be Scarlett Johansson singing a lullaby cover of the itsy bitsy spider
I need this in my life
what ableism is
- actively making fun of disabled people
- deliberately triggering someone’s mental illnesses (such as doing something to mess with their ocd, or trying to trigger an episode if they’re bipolar, trying to trigger a breakdown if they have anxiety issues)
- asking a disabled person to do something they obviously can’t for the sake of humor and cheap laughs
- using them as the butt of a joke
what ableism isn’t
- a teenager calling someone on the internet stupid